We have established a Teaching and Learning (T-L) Centre at Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College. One of the objectives of the T-L center is to train faculty members and empower them to adopt innovative teaching and learning practices. The center will also provide support for ICT enabled active learning strategies in classroom teaching. In near future, we aim to facilitate and guide teachers to do educational research.
- To train faculty members and to empower them to adopt innovative teaching and learning practice.
- To provide support for ICT enabled active learning strategies in classroom teaching
- To encourage and promote collaborative learning among student
- To facilitate and guide teachers to do action research
Innovative Teaching Methods Adopted by SAKEC Faculty Members
- Mr. Shridhar R. Sahu: Teaching Using Bamboo Tablet for EXTC branch students for Subject: Linear Integrated Circuits
- Mr. Bhushan Pawar: Teaching Using Surface Pro for EXTC branch students for Subject: Antenna & Radio Wave Propagation
- Dr. Vidyullata Devmane: Created audio-video presentation for complex topics in Cryptography & System Security course and shared through google classroom so that students should get feel of live lecture and can listen repeatedly for better understanding during pandemic
- Dr. Vidyullata Devmane: use of game pedagogies such as crossword, snake and ladder to solve difficult problems in Cryptographic Protocol Design
- Mr. Atul Haribhau Kachare: use of Crossword game pedagogy to solve the tree related questions in Data Structure course.
- Mr. Milind Khairnar: Conducted technical debate on the comparison of Reduced Instruction Set Computers (RISC) and Complex Instruction Set Computers (CISC) by dividing the class into two groups to foster critical thinking in students
- Mr. Milind Khairnar: Planned and conducted Presentation of successful business ventures by the students to understand business and management related principles in the Entrepreneurship Development and Management (EDM) course.
- Ms. Dhanashree Toradmalle: Conducted Think-Pair-Activity in Computer Networks course of Semester IV
- Mr. Atul Haribhau Kachare: Conducted Think-Pair-Activity in Analysis of Algorithms course of Semester IV of Computer Engineering
- Mr. Shridhar R. Sahu: Conducted Think-Pair-Share and Peer Instruction Activity in Electronic Devices & Circuits course of Semester IV and Digital VLSI Design course of Semster VI of EXTC Engineering
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh, Ms. Pinki Vishwakarma: Students were told to create a concept map from the topics taught in Data Mining part of the DWM course to integrate the knowledge they have learnt and clear any misconceptions in students understanding.
Teaching Learning Resources
Training Programs – Organized
Training Programs – Attended
- Prof. Shubhangi Motewar had attended National level one week online FDP on “ Advanced Teaching Tools, Techniques and Methodologies for Outcome based Education”, from 1-5 June 2020, organised by Center of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, AISSMS college of Engineering, Pune
- Training for Trainers (ToT) for teachers’ educators conducted by: National Institute of Technical Teachers’ Training and Research (NITTR) Bhopal by Ms. Tina Maru, Ms. Shweta Patil, Ms. Pinki Vishwakarma, Ms. Sonali Bhutad.
Training Programs – Delivered
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted a session on “ Natural Language Processing Techniques and its Applications in Education” in a 4 Days Free Webinar Series on “Future-Vision: Marriage of AI and Blockchain”, organized during 14-17, May 2020 in association with the IEEE Bombay section, ISTE and CSI student chapter by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, RIT-Rajaramnagar.
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted a 3 hours session on “Active Learning Strategies” for faculty members of the IT department at SAKEC on 19th January 2019.
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted a full-day session on “Effective Design of Assessments” in an AICTE sponsored one-week STTP on “Use of ICT for Innovative Teaching Learning and effective Classroom Interaction” at DIEMS, Aurangabad, Maharashtra on 17th June 2018. The workshop was organized by the TUET group of the Educational Technology Department of IITB, Mumbai as part of their e-outreach program.
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted a session on “Educational Data Mining” in an AICTE sponsored one-week STTP on “Data Analytics using Python and R” at SAKEC on 4th January 2018.
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted sessions on “Designing Question Bank for their course to attain OBE” and “Designing a blueprint for their course” in a workshop on ‘Outcome Based Education’ BEC, Bagalkot October 21st and 22nd, 2017. The workshop was organized by the TUET group of the Educational Technology Department of IITB, Mumbai as part of their e-outreach program.
- Dr. Rekha Ramesh conducted a session on “Education Technology and Tools” under the Faculty Development program at Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College on 15th February 2017.
- Dr. Rekha RameshConducted a session on “Generating Quality Assessment Instrument” at TEACHING-LEARNING Workshop organized by ICT, Matunga, Mumbai on Saturday, 24th September 2016
Education Research Resources
- Research Resources (iitb.ac.in)
- R.M. Felder and L.K. Silverman, “Learning and Teaching Styles in Engineering Education,” Engr. Education, 78(7), 674-681 (1988). The article that originally defined the Felder-Silverman model and identified teaching practices that should meet the needs of students with the full spectrum of styles. The paper is preceded by a 2002 preface that states and explains changes in the model that have been made since 1988
- Reddy, Patil Deepti, et al. “Thinking, Pairing, and Sharing to Improve Learning and Engagement in a Data Structures and Algorithms (DSA) Class.” 2015 International Conference on Learning and Teaching in Computing and Engineering. IEEE, 2015.
- Ramesh, Rekha, and Uma R. Rao. (2015). Investigating the impact of in-class assignments on higher order thinking skills of students in engineering course. International Conference on Learning and Teaching in Computing and Engineering (LaTiCE).