SAKEC-NSS (National Service Scheme) unit is a voluntary association of young student volunteers under the University of Mumbai. It is a unit of 50 volunteers established in the academic year 2020-2021 aims at developing students’ personalities through community service. The Motto of National Service scheme (NSS) is “Not Me But You”, gives the essence of democratic living and encourage the need for self-less service.
- Make volunteers understand themselves in relation to their community which they work
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving and to develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities and gain skills in mobilising community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities, democratic attitudes and to develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
- Practice national integration and social harmony