The IQAC was formally established at Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College in January 2019.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for our Institution through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Promoting relevant and quality academic/ research programs
- Integrating modern methods of teaching and learning and ICT tools
- Ensuring fair and unbiased assessment and evaluation process
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Collaborating research projects and networking with other institutions and industries in India and abroad
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Designing quality policies for key areas of the institution
- Improvement of parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and facilitate training and motivating the faculty for the same
- Promoting the culture of academic research in the institution through collaborative research projects with other institutions and industries in India and abroad specifically emphasizing on societal benefit.
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes
- Documentation of the various programs / activities leading to quality improvement
- Development and maintenance of institutional database for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC
Institutional Values & Best Practices:
- National and International Collaborations
The research cell of SAKEC has successfully achieved number of national and international MoUs with various companies and NGOs, academic partnership with foreign universities, increased participation in competitions held at national and international levels and successful implementation of research projects. The objective is to increase the students’ and teachers’ exposure and presence at national and international forums and their involvement in research projects specifically aimed at societal benefits.
- Fully functional IPR cell
Intellectual properties are generated in the institution through many ways, such as research projects where students provide many innovative solutions to real-world problems and contribute to societal benefit. IP is also generated through internship and final year projects. IP plays an important role in providing a competitive edge to any institution. The institute IPR and Research Cell is established to bridge between academic activities and ever-dynamic requirements of the institute and industry. SAKEC IPR Cell is committed to encourage, protect, manage institutions IPs such as Patent, Copyright, Trademark etc. IPR Cell arranges various activities like awareness workshops, Seminars and Case Studies. The college also offers an institutional level course on IPR which was opted by 87 in 2019-20 and currently has 67 students. Faculty and students of SAKEC are actively participating in the IPR filing process.
- Mentoring for national and international competitions
SAKEC promotes and motivates students to participate in various national and international competitions. It does effective hand-holding for the entire process of learning. All the functional and nonfunctional requirements of hardware and software editions are fulfilled by the institution to bring a positive and proactive approach among students.
- Implementation of ICT based Effective and Innovative Teaching and Learning Strategies
SAKEC promotes the use of ICT tools and techniques and innovative teaching Learning strategies for effective curriculum planning and delivery. This is facilitated by
- Upgradation of conventional classrooms to smart classrooms
- Establishment of T-L center
- Deputing staff for STTP and FDP specifically on teaching and learning
- Encouraging staff members and students to do MOOC courses such as NPTEL, Coursera, spoken tutorials, etc. apart from their normal curriculum.
- International Industrial Visit
Global Immersion embarks and shares our presence on a Global Level. It shows our promise to the commitment towards the growth of our students career and learning. We believe that continuous Learning is essential but when an experience associates to the learning on a global level, it becomes unbelievable. SAKEC organized two international visits to London and Europe.
- Planning, Execution and Evaluation of Major Project
The well documented and standardized procedure adopted for planning, execution of the final year project in our institute is the result of striving towards perfection resulting in continuous improvement over the years.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to:
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the institution
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication
|Sr. No||Role in IQAC||Name and Association of the Member|
|1||Member of Management||Shri. Navin Karamshi Shah, Managing Trustee|
|2||Chairman||Dr. Bhavesh Patel, Principal|
|3||Coordinator||Dr. Rekha Ramesh|
|4||University Representative||Dr. S. K. Shinde, Vice Principal and Professor, Department of Computer Engineering, LTCE, Mumbai|
|5||Industry Representative||Mr. Abhay Phansikar, Director of Azilen Technologies Elected as Chairman of IEEE Bombay Section|
|6||Members||Mr. Prashant Khedkar, Dean, Academic|
|Ms. Shubhalaxmi S. Hegde, Dean, Students Affairs|
|Mr. A. W. Khan, Registrar, Dean Alumni, I/C Head of the Department (General Science and Humanities)|
|Dr. Subha Subramaniam, I/c Head of the Department (Electronics Engineering)|
|Mr. Uday K. Bhave, I/c Head of the Department (Computer Engineering)|
|Ms. Swati Nadkarni, I/c Head of the Department (Information Technology)|
|Ms. T. P. Vinutha, I/C Head of the Department (Electronics & Tele-Communication)|
|Dr. Vinit C. Kotak, Training and Placement Officer|
|Ms. Aruna Sharma, In-charge of Examination Department|
|Ms. Gowri P., Librarian|
|Ms Shubhangi Motewar, Senior Faculty, Electronics Engineering|
|Ms Shazia Sayyed, Senior Faculty, Computer Engineering|
|Ms. Jalpa Mehta, Senior Faculty, Information Technology|
|Ms. Gauri Chavan, Senior Faculty, Electronics & Tele-Communication|
|Mr. Gopal Nanda, Senior Faculty, General Science and Humanities|
|7||Student Member||Mr. Meet Nandu|
|8||Alumni Member||Mr. Siddhant Pokle, Software Engineer, LTI|
|9||Parent Member||Mr. Jayant Poddar, President, Real Estate Development at Reliance Industries, Limited|
|10||Administrative Staff||Mr. Bhushan Jadhav, Deputy Registrar|
Minutes of Meetings