● To be globally recognized for contributing professional and ethical engineers in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science with commitment to industry readiness and potential for
● To provide problem solving and analytical skill-based education to students that will enhance their expertise in the field of AI and DS through industry collaboration and research.
● To develop skilled and ethical professionals who are capable of providing AI and DS based solutions to societal challenges.
● To equip students for gaining mastery in the art of mathematical, computational and modeling methodologies and contribute towards innovation in the field of AI and DS
Dr. Rekha Ramesh
I/c Head of Department
Teaching Experience: 23 Years
Area of Specialization: Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Soft Computing, Educational Technology, Analysis of Algorithms
Artificial Intelligence powered by data science is amongst the hottest fields of the 21st century that will impact all segments of daily life by 2025, from transport and logistics to healthcare and customer service. Data has become one of the most valuable commodities. Understanding how to analyse, validate and interpret it to inform decision making are key skills needed to launch a career in this fast-growing sector. Nationally, there is a widely recognized shortage of AI and data scientists to meet the needs of industry. Hence, to cater to the ever-growing demand of engineers in this field, Shah and Anchor Kutchhi Engineering College has introduced a new program of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science from the academic year 2020-21. The major focus of this programme is to equip students with the ability to design intelligent solutions to problems in a variety of domains and business applications and fields such as natural language processing, text mining, robotics, reasoning and problem-solving.
Year of Establishment
B.E.(Artificial Intelligence & Data Science)
Computer Engineering Program and Information Technology Program of the college have been awarded accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) from A.Y. 2019-20 for 3 Years.
KAGGLE for data science
AI Appreciation Day 2022
Data Science Fundamentals with Python
Explainable AI/ML Model Interpretability
How to deal with Peer Pressure and Addiction
By the end of the educational experience our students will be able to:
- PSO1: To analyse and apply mathematical, computational and modelling methodologies related to Al and DS.
- PSO2: Implement Al and DS techniques such as data analytics, machine learning, search algorithms, neural networks and design novel algorithms to solve practical problems.
- PSO3: Apply the acquired technical skills in the multi-disciplinary areas of Al and DS such as health care, education, agriculture, intelligent transport, environment, smart systems, etc.
Program Educational Objectives
- To train the students in formulating, analyzing, designing and deploying real world problems with a strong foundation in Mathematics, scientific and engineering fundamentals to meet the ever-increasing demand from the AI and DS sector.
- To build technical skills, soft skills and competencies to collaboratively work in multi-disciplinary projects and diverse professional activities
- To equip graduates to contribute ethically to the needs of society.
- To inculcate students with the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.