● To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies.
● To create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
● To create competent and trained professionals in Information Technology who shall contribute towards the advancement of engineering, science and technology useful for the society.
● To impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction level of all stakeholders.
● To generate technically sound professionals and entrepreneurs to become part of the industry and research organizations at national levels.
By the end of the educational experience our students will be able to:
- Solve open ended problems and design hardware and software systems from a set of cost/performance specifications.
- Conduct supervised research in computer science and engage in new approaches to specific design problems and test the performance of IT systems.
- Lead a small team of student engineers performing a laboratory exercise or design project; to participate in the various roles in a team and understand how they contribute to accomplishing the task at hand in IT field.
- Use written and oral communications to document work and present project results in software industry.
Prof. Swati Nadkarni
I/c Head of Department
Teaching Experience: 20 Years
Area of Specialization:Machine Learning,Digital Signal and Image processing,Analog and Digital Circuits.
With the mindset of nurturing upcoming IT talent,Department of Information Technology was established in 1999. With the aid of best of the Infrastructure and the Staff, we educate students to become good professionals in future. Students are always updated with the latest trends in IT through various guest lectures and workshops.Most of the staff members are actively involved in publishing technical papers at various levels.The Team work of department motivates to set a good example to their successors.
Year of Establishment
Computer Engineering Program and Information Technology Program of the college have been awarded accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) from A.Y. 2019-20 for 3 Years.
For more visit Announcements and Notices section here..
Program Educational Objectives
- A graduate will be an engineering professional, innovator or entrepreneur engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- A graduate will be integrated into the world of practicing professionals for collaborations, mutual support, and representing the profession to government and society.
- A graduate will function in his profession with social awareness and responsibility.
Engineering Graduates will be able to,
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.