Impart quality education to create world class technocrats and entrepreneurs with new ideas and innovations to meet industry expectations through advanced research.
To develop and deliver Quality academic program in emerging and innovative field of Engineering to empower the students to meet Industry Standards.
To build student community with high ethical standards to undertake R&D in thrust areas of national and international needs.
To create Centre of Excellence by establishing the incubation centre to meet global research challenges.
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Analyze basic electronic engineering systems and design solutions based on mathematical modeling for practical systems using continuous improvement process.
2. Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to conduct supervised research of complex electronic systems using advanced simulation tools to provide valid conclusions for sustainable developments in the society.
3. Know the ethics and codes of professional conduct and embrace cultural, societal, environmental and ethical issues in their work to fulfill their professional responsibilities towards themselves, local and global communities.
4. To develop effective communication skills to function efficiently as an individual and in team and to develop team spirit and ability to manage and guide a project and to develop a habit of lifelong learning.
Dr. Subha Subramaniam
Associate Professor & I/c Head of Department
Ph.D. (Electronics), M.E.(Electronics) & B.E.(Electronics & Communication Engineering)
Teaching Experience: 20 Years
Area of Specialization: Nano Electronics, Nano Devices and Circuits, VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
With great pleasure, I welcome you to the Department of Electronics Engineering, which has the honour of being the oldest department of the college. The strength of the department lies in the highly qualified and experienced staff who regularly update their technical skills, publish papers in National and International journals and conduct various Faculty Development and Short Term Training Programmes. Our students are encouraged to take up internship opportunities within the college, as well as in industries. Various guest lectures, workshops and project competitions are arranged to enhance student skills. The department is equipped with advanced laboratories for VLSI, Embedded Systems, Robotics, Advance Digital Signal Processing and Power Electronics. By providing an excellent academic and physical environment to the students, we strive to develop quality electronics engineers, trained to apply their knowledge in solving real world challenges.
Program Educational Objectives
1.To develop the ability among students to understand the concept of core electronics subjects that will facilitate understanding of new technology.
2.To embed a strong foundation in the engineering fundamentals to solve, analyze and design real time engineering products.
3.To give exposures to emerging edge technologies, adequate training and opportunities to work as team on multidisciplinary projects with effective communication skills and leadership qualities.
Engineering Graduates will be able to,
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusion using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.